Data Protection of Einbeck City Administration
Einbeck City takes the protection of your personal data very seriously.
We handle your personal data confidentially and according to data protection regulations as well as this data protection statement.
According to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Lower Saxony Data Protection Act (NDSG), Einbeck City represented by the mayoress is resonsible.
Questions or notes with regard to this data protection statement or in general to data protection should be forwarded to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
Information on Data Processing
Underneath information refers to the handling of your personal data according to data protection regulations with regards to your request.
If Einbeck City processes personal data, it means that we e.g. collect, safe, use, transmit or delete this data.
Following we will inform you on why we collect your personal data, where we collect it and what we do with this data. Furthermore, we inform you on your rights with regards to data protection and the contact persons you may address in relation to this.
Processing of Your Personal Data
We need your personal data to be able to fulfil our responsibilities. If we do not receive the necessary data to fulfil our responsibilities, it may happen that we are unable to process your request. Due to data collection regulated by law or authorised by law or legitimised by your consent, the processing of your personal data is legitimate. Personal data is only collected to a necessary extent.
Storage period of your personal data
The storage time of personal data is subject to the respective legal storage and deletion periods. Your personal data is only stored by us for the time that it is required to fulfil our legal responsibilities or to process your request.
Your rights according to Art. 15 ff. DSGVO [GDPR]
You may request information on your personal data processed by us (Art. 15 DSGVO [GDPR]). In your information request you should be as precise as possible on your request in order to facilitate the compilation of the necessary data.
If the data referring to you is not (no longer) accurate, you may request a correction. If your data is incomplete, you may request a completion (Art. 16 DSGVO [GDPR]).
Under the conditions of Art. 17 DSGVO [GDPR] you may request deletion of your personal data that we have stored. Your entitlement to deletion depends on if the data referring to you is still needed by us to fulfil our legal responsibilities.
In the cases stated in Art. 18 DSGVO [GDPR] (e.g. if you deny the correctness of your stored data) you have the right to demand limitation of processing the data referring to you.
In that case, processing may only happen even though there is a limitation, if there is an important public interest in processing.
You have a right of objection against processing your personal data if there are reasons that result from your special situation and if there is no overriding public interest or a legal regulation that obliges us to processing (Art. 21 DSGVO [GDPR]). If you would like to object to data processing, please notify us under the contact data stated above.
If processing personal data is subject to your consent, you may withdraw this consent at any time, also using the contact data stated above, with effect for the future. Please note that in this case the use of our offers will not be possible for you any longer.
If you think that we have not followed your request or not to the full extent, you may file a complaint with the State Officer for Data Protection Lower Saxony, Prinzenstraße 5, 30159 Hannover.
Information on the Internet pages of the City Administration
- Log-files: When accessing our websites your Internet browser or your mobile end device transfers for technical reasons automatically the following data to our web server: IP address of your device, date and time of access, URL of the requesting website, http reply code, name of the requested file, number of data sent, browser type and version as well as operating system of your device. Our web server saves this data into log. A storage of this data together with other personal data will not take place. Legal basis for storing this data is Art. 6 section 1 lit. f) DSGVO [GDPR]. The data is used by us to enable the use of our website and its technical administration, to guarantee the safety of our information technology systems, to prevent abuse of our website and to optimise our website. The data is deleted by us as soon as it is no longer required for its purpose of collection. In case of data storage in log files, the data is deleted after seven days at the latest. A further storage of the log data is possible, if the IP address of your device has been deleted or alienated in such way that an allocation of the IP address to you is not possible any longer.
- Contact forms: If you send us information and requests via our contact forms on www.einbeck.de or one of the other websites of the City Administration, your entries from the form including the contact data stated by you on this form are stored for processing. By submitting an online form you authorise electronic processing of your data.
- Cookies: The Internet pages of the City Administration use so-called session cookies. These contain no personal information and will be deleted after the browser is closed. Furthermore, a cookie is saved on your end device for one week documenting that, as visitor of the Internet page, you have seen the cookie note.
- Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager: We use on our website the services of Google Analytics, a web analytics service that uses Google Inc. Google Analytics uses tracking code and cookies. The information generated by the cookie regarding your use of our website is generally transmitted to a server of Google in the USA and stored there. Due to the activation of the IP anonymisation “anonymizelp”, your IP address is only transmitted by Google within the member states of the European Union or other States party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area it is shortened previously. The IP address transmitted by your browser in the framework of Google Analytics is not merged with other data of Google. On our account Google uses the data gathered to analyse your use of our website, to draw up reports on the website activities and to provide us with other services related to the use of our website and the Internet. These purposes are the legitimate interests pursued by us with data processing according to Art. 6 section 1 lit. f) DSGVO [GDPR]. You may prevent storage of the cookies by a respective setting of your browser software; however, we advise you that in this case you will not be able to use all functions on our website to their full extent. You will find further information under: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html and https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/. The sorting and analysis of Google Analytics Data is effected by means of Google Tag Manager, however this does not capture any personal data itself. You will find further information on the Google Tag Manager under: http://www.google.de/tagmanager/faq.html and http://www.google.de/tagmanager/use-policy.html
- Social Media Plugins: So-called social media plugins of different so-called social networks are integrated on our website namely Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Facebook: Facebook is operated by Facebook Inc. You will find an overview of the plugins of Facebook and their appearance under: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins. If you visit our website and activate the plugin, a direct connection between your browser and the Facebook server is generated via the plugin. This way, Facebook receives information that you went onto our website in your browser even if you do not have a profile with Facebook or if you are currently not logged onto Facebook. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted by your browser directly to Facebook’s server in the USA and stored there. If you are logged onto Facebook, Facebook can associate the visit of our website directly with your profile on Facebook. If you interact with the plugin, for example clicking onto the “Like” button, the respective information is also transmitted directly to a server of Facebook and stored there. Furthermore, the information is also published in the social network and shown to your contacts. You will find purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by Facebook as well as your respective rights and setting options to protect your privacy in Facebook’s data protection notice under: http://www.facebook.com/policy.php. If you do not wish that Facebook can relate the visit of our website to your Facebook user account, please log out of your Facebook user account. Twitter: Twitter is operated by Twitter Inc. You will find an overview of the Twitter buttons and their appearance under https://twitter.com/about/resources/buttons. If you visit our website and activate the plugin, a direct connection between your browser and the Twitter server is created via the plugin. By integrating the plugin, Twitter receives the information that your browser has accessed our website, even if you do not have a profile with Twitter or if you are currently not logged onto Twitter. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted directly to one of Twitter’s servers in the USA and stored there. If you interact with the plugin, for example hit the “Twitter” button, the respective information is directly transmitted to one of Twitter’s servers in the and stored there. You will find purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of the data by Twitter as well as your respective rights and setting options to protect your privacy in Twitter’s data protection notice under: https://twitter.com/privacy.
- Third-party providers and fonts: The used fonts are loaded by one of Google’s servers (fonts.googleapis.com). Here, Google places its own cookies. The same accounts for further services and files of third-parties, that are integrated in the Internet pages of the City. For this, it is referred to the data protection declaration of the respective third-parties. We do not assume any responsibility and liability for these external Internet pages and data protection declarations.
Status: September 2020