The New Town Hall is owned by Einbeck city and seat of the city administration and the mayor:ess.
Originally, the building was constructed as a military barrack for the Prussian army in 1869 and it was used by the military until 1896. In 1907, the well-known mail-order entrepreneur August Stukenbrok bought the building and used it as trading house of his company August Stukenbrok Einbeck (ASTE). Afterwards, the building became part of the Heidemann-Werke Einbeck that also produced bicycles just like Stukenbrok. The production was switched to automotive parts later on .
In 1997, the city administration moved from the Old Town Hall to the New Town Hall and, in 2015, the building became property of the city of Einbeck. Today, further to the city administration and the mayor:ess of the city of Einbeck, also the Jobcentre of the district of Northeim and the employment agency (Agentur für Arbeit) are also located in the building.
Find more information on Timber-framed City.