St. Joseph’s Church was built in the green gardens of the Collegiate Church in the 19th century.
The Catholic parish was founded in 1859 when Einbeck gradually became a garrison town. For the growing congregation, a church in form of a three-nave basilica (middle nave and low side naves) was built close to the parish house with adjacent chapel according to Romanesque archetype in 1894/95. This building was the parish church St. Joseph’s. The church was designed in the Rhenish Romanesque construction type.